[ SHOWGSD-L ] Honest judging

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 22:19:10 EDT

In a message dated 7/4/2006 7:27:55 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
hollywoods@xxxxxxx writes:
if not  in person, by their association on line.. bad mouthing a judge to me
would  only reflect on me.  not on the judge..

I remember years ago, someone came back from a show in Phoenix  and told me
that Fred had put up half of the dogs to winners that were from  either
Paladin, Shiloh or Morgan. I took his catalogue, and went through it.  Half the
entries were from Paladin, Shiloh or Morgan.

I found that to be interesting.  I have no doubt that  Fred picked his
winners as he saw them, and he had no control over who entered  under him.
Those who
did, knew what he wanted to see, and thankfully gave it to  him.

I am confident it was honest judging.  And, I wasn't  there.  Also, I think I
have been doing this too long.

I also remember judging in Phoenix when an American Bred Bitch  came into the
ring. I knew she was a Ben daughter, and I felt she was the best  in the
ring. I gave her the class, and figured she would be my winner's bitch,  and
just
knew there couldn't be anything better.

In Open a bitch started to move, and blew me away. She was  just fantastic,
and easily won the class. Then in winners class, the Open bitch  was an easy
winner.

After the show, I felt a little better, knowing I had not put  up the
American Bred Ben daughter. So, I looked in a catalogue, and found out  the
Open
bitch was another Ben daughter.

Some days are diamonds, and some days are Ben  daughters.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together