[ SHOWGSD-L ] Honest Judges...lets play a game

  • From: "edwinx" <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "freelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 08:30:03 -0800

1.Jane Doe is an Honest Judge
2.All Honest Judges are Good Judges
 conclusion: Therefore Jane Doe is a good judge.
The above conclusion is Valid....but its not true...
I'm starting to sound like Tom Langlitz..lol...some judges are honest but
incompetent...and therefore they can get unfairly labeled as dis-honest...I
could not be a GSD dog judge right now..not because I am not honest, but
because I am not competent...I have shown under what I believe to be
incompetent judges ( there are lots of ways to be incompetent) I have shown
under judges that have certain dog biases (we all do folks)..I have shown under
judges that I thought had an agenda...nice word for dis-honest...I now no
longer show under judges that I believe have agendas...I will shown under
incompetent judges If I believe they have improved.....two judges whom I will
not name..one said "when I judge I have no friends...and I have no
enemies"...the other judge said...."when I judge only three folks will be
happy....winners dog, winners, bitch and Best of breed...but I'm not there to
make people happy...Im there to judge dogs".....on second thought I will name
those two judges....One is Gary S. and the other is Max Thompson..there are
some folks on this list who I believe would be honest judges..I think sometimes
it takes time to be good..it does not take any time to be honest...Ed Hill