[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Hero Puppy ETC.!!!

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <frontiergsd@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 11:31:13 -0500

Just this one dog shows what we really have - not just some dog to herd
sheep - but to do it all, and they DO DO IT ALL!
I have always felt that - most dogs were developed as a hobby by one or more
people for a certain job.  Herr Doberman
was a tax collector.  The middle teeth of a Dobey are larger and more jagged
and they do not just bite, they chew too.
The Boxer is the only dog who will fight when on the bottom, supposedly
losing, use their feet and legs, thus the name.
I have always felt that because our Max waited until he retired from the
military and concentrated on breeding that our
GSDs are far more versatile than any.  Oh, color - yep - real reason - look
at the herding breeds and they are either all
or do have white on them.  This, in my opinion, is because that is what they
are - blending in with the sheep.  However,
the build etc. of our GSDs does seem a bit like a wolf - because they are
NOT just herding, they PROTECT.  Wolves
may hesitate to approach sheep that already have a wolf-like kid with them.
Our WHITE is OK, but is not the everyday
way.   OK, I WILL GO ---   Norma no L