[ SHOWGSD-L ] Hero Dog Awards

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 10:19:59 EDT

Attention everyone-Don't forget to nominate your Hero Dogs
Blanche Beisswenger Memorial Hero Dog Award
As you are aware,  the  GSDCA Board granted my request that  we  honor
Blanche
for her  GSDCA years of service, by renaming this the  Blanche  Beisswenger
Memorial Hero Dog Award. The nominations must be in my  hands  by June
1,2006
, as
the Board votes at the July  meeting. Here are the    requirements.
Definitions   of a Hero Dog 1. Must be a German Shepherd  Dog
2.Must have preformed  a  meritorious deed such as saving lives and/or
property
and/or  other deeds  that would place such an animal in a special category
far
above the   norm.
3 .Recognition should not be awarded on  attributes based on training  alone
,but  on accomplishments  and/or feats of heroism that are truly  outstanding

.
Categories--1.Pet-----   Dogs in this category, are usually household pets,
which  are not   trained for any particular duty or function, who perform by
their
inherent instincts, to serve and protect   mankind.
2. Service--These  are trained Service dogs, which perform in  the areas of
their   training, and in the line of duty.  Recognition for such dogs should
be
restricted to those who  perform truly outstanding services, either single
deeds
or  accomplishments over a lifetime, and truly live up to the  designation of

Hero  Dog
3. Good Will Ambassador---These are dogs  that  perform Services .to humanity
in a  very special way, in nursing   homes, hospitals and schools.
Performance
must be  truly    exceptional.

Rules for Nominating

1. All  information, plus  pictures must be in my hands  ,by June 1,2006
2 .A  letter from the  person you are  nominating ,with their acknowledgment
and  consent.,must  be included with  the Nomination
* 3. No  GSDCA  Board member ,or immediate relative, may  compete for any
Hero

Dog  Award
*  4. If your nomination was not  one of the winners   ,you may re-submit it
for the following   year.

It is advisable to send newspaper clippings,  or pictures  along  with your
nominations Send to Helen Miller Fisher, 8139 38th  St.   No, Lake Elmo,MN
55042
Fax--651-777-5381---Email _VPREZHMF@xxxxxxxx   (mailto:VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx) .