[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Here's another one for you

  • From: "Cudjoegsd" <cudjoegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>, <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 10:21:55 -0600

Funny you should ask!!!!  Many, many years ago, I co-owned a Mike daughter,
Tellahides Elisa, who needed a major to finish.  There was a one day
specialty in New Orleans but we could not go because of a family reunion.
The co-owner was to take Elisa and Doug Crane was going to show her.
Charley, the co-owner, asked if I had any other bitches to enter to make the
major.   I had a bitch that I bought in whelp and she had had her puppies 2
months earlier so I sent her. She was Schaferheim`s Cassy.  Doug Crane was
to show Elisa and Frances Boudreaux was to show Cassy.  Doug was always
complaining to the judge, George Collins, that George never put him up and
George always said that her never showed anything he liked.  When they went
in the ring in catalog order, Charley asked George if the two bitches could
be separated as they were kennel mates and might possibly fight.
After judging the class for a while, George brought Doug and Elisa into the
middle of the ring and asked Doug if Elisa and Cassy were owned by the same
person and if so, could her handle either one?  Doug said yes and George
said if you want to win under me you need to show the other one (Cassy).
Doug went to Francis and switched dogs and Cassy won the major.  Charley
called with good news and bad news.  The good news was that we won the major
and the bad news was that the wrong bitch won.
      D.D.
P.S.  Cassy finished with five majors before Elisa won her last major.