[ SHOWGSD-L ] Herdin g Seminar

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 23:13:44 -0700 (PDT)

                                  I know most of you are not on the herding
lists and that many of you have expressed interest in herding. I am posting
here information that was posted on the Tending list. I trust that Carol and
Susan will not object to me posting the information here.

  The German Shepherd Dog Club of Oregon is hosting an AKC Herding Seminar.
It will be held at Brigand's Hideout in Battleground Washington on August
26th and 27th. The Saturday seminar meets the requirements for AKC Herding
Test/Trial judges. The Sunday seminar will focus on AKC's "C" course. Both
days are open to anyone who is interested in learning more about AKC's
herding program.

  More information and a registration form can be found:
http://www.gsdcoregon.com/06judgesem.pdf
Carol

If you have never attended an AKC herding seminar it is well worth it,
regardless of the course you run on.  You will learn not only what the judges
are looking for but also your rights and responsibilities as an exhibitor.
While AKC judges must attend every three years, I believe anyone who is
interested in the AKC program should attend, especially if you are just
starting out in herding. This is an inexpensive seminar.  The presenter is the
AKC Rep Carol Delsmen.  She is a former educator and tries hard to present the
materil in an interesting dn engaging way...you may even be asked to do a bit
of role playing.
  Brigands is a great site, very convenient to Portland airport and I-5.
  Susan

  And a reminder -- the GSDCA C-Course Herding National will be held at
Brigand's at the end of September. There are quite a few GSDs herding at
Brigand's and this is your chance to learn about the AKC Herding Program and
see all levels of C-course demonstrated.