[ SHOWGSD-L ] Help with lilacs: for Jeddie

  • From: "Penny & Bill" <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Show List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 15:25:06 -0400

Can anybody help me?  When Billy and I moved to Cragsmoor a few years ago, we
bought this great old place, which hadn't  been tended to outside in YEARS.
Some very old lilac bushes have slowly but surely bitten the dust.  Their bark
seemed to be covered with some kind of fungus or mold.  We are in the process
of cutting these down--BUT there are some beautiful young babies growing (about
3 feet tall) that seem very healthy.  Can I save them?  Is there something that
could be sprayed on them to prevent them from getting the rot (or whatever it
is) that the oldsters got?  Jeddie, my flower-child would appreciate this very
much, as SHE loves the smell of lilacs.  <VBG>
Penny in NY