[ SHOWGSD-L ] Heartworm test kits & microchips

  • From: "terryr@xxxxxxxxxx" <terryr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 10:49:45 -0400

     I am wondering if any of you do your own heartworm tests=2E   There a=
re
a number of different types=20
of tests, one of which is the Snap test by Idexx labs, that can be used=2E=
=20
If anyone has done this=20
before I would be interested in knowing the protacal and how difficult it
is to conduct=2E  =20
     I am also looking at the Avid Microchip, I have used them before, and=

they were prepackaged in=20
the Syringe=2E  It looks like they can also be purchased in cartridges=2E =
 My
question is, If you buy the=20
cartridge do you then need to buy a seprate implanter and needle for each
microchip, or does the=20
implanter come with a needle=3F  Thanks for your help=2E
Terry
Touchstone German Shepherds
Home of:
Gina ROM