[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Head Pieces

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 00:56:34 -0500

I always tell new GSD judges that they ought to be able to know the sex of a
GSD at a glance...and it's always been
an important thing for me.

Two I can think of that I don't think anyone's mentioned yet are Bill and
Johanna Gish's wonderful Hagar...
and another, more recent, was Jack Budd's Snake...........   actually,
Snake's head reminded me a lot of Hagar.......
and yes, I know there are lots of others.....but there are quite a few who
don't possess those characteristics.....

Carolyn is right, tho..it takes more than a head to make the dog easily
recognizable as a male.....and when
those qualities are there, we are all pleased to see them.

Peggy