[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Has anyone heard of this person?

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: lfossland@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 11:16:52 EST

In a message dated 1/12/2008 5:24:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
lfossland@xxxxxxx writes:
I  received a dubious request from a person named Sharon Warren from  New
Jersey (that's all I know) to purchase one of my puppies. Sight unseen  - for
her son's Birthday!!
Will send a check - more money will be sent -  the works. What do you think?
Another one of these too good to be true?

I would never send a puppy to a person who I do not know or at least  be
recommended by someone I know. Is not going to happen. Just wanted to  pass
on the name.

Lee F.

Lee have you talked to her on the phone or has your contact been  limited to
e-mail?

These days it's not unusual for me when expecting a litter, if a home  sounds
appropriate, to take a deposit and reserve a puppy of the sex the people
prefer...I send a letter of understanding and I will refund if I don't have the

sex they want available once the litter is born.  With one exception where  I
felt comfortable shipping a puppy (7 years ago this June, marvelous owners and
 I did receive and check vet references), I DO meet everyone at six weeks
when  puppy selections are made, following the health check, so I can always
opt
out...but I'm just wondering if this lady has discussed a similar arrangement
 and is offering to make similar plans with you....and if she's run into
someone like me who says they are all cute at however many weeks but more
important are the heath checks on the breeding stock, she may realize she
doesn't
need to "see".

I don't usually do the come over and see what you think routine.   Puppies
are often spoken for well in advance and if she's run into this, the  situation
could very well be be legit, I would speak to her over the  phone...

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC

visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds