[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Harley leads it all

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 16:54:05 GMT

As far as the people who deserve credit, the unsung heroes in Harley's success,
that would be Chuck and Sally Sedgewick, of Salenchar Kennel's in Grand Haven,
Michigan, who raised him to 18 months of age, paid all expenses for his
Futurity, his first showings at the National and at local shows in Michigan,
his Temperament Certificate, his care, all upkeep, and pre-lims at MI State,
before we were sure of what we had.  They raised him to be the sound, loving
dog he is.  They made sure he was everything I wanted, just as Tedi did when
she gave him to me.  They made sure my heart would not be broken, again, in my
dream of a top show male!!  They knew that to be my dream since they first met
me in 1971, and they knew the price I had paid in my quest.  They knew that I
could never give up that dream, and they cared about, and loved me enough, to
ensure my success in attaining that dream.

Harley's co-owners (and their spouses) are the bestest!!  I will NEVER forget
them.

Paula, 198 days and counting
Home of Best in Show, Multi-Group Winning, GSDCA Dual Title Award Recipient,
AKC JAM/AOE, International and American Champion Asgard Harley Davidson v
Plamark, HT, PT, CGC, TC, HIC, OFA (Hips, Elbows, & Heart)