[ SHOWGSD-L ] Happy Epiphany Day

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 09:24:37 EST

For generations our family has celebrated the Day of Epiphany, January  6.
Most people of Spanish heritage celebrate this day.

For many generations, this is the day our family exchanges Christmas
presents, we didn't know about dear old Santa until the 1960's, though he has
quickly become part of the family traditions. My children are now adults, and
they
still act like little kids on this date.

Epiphany day, that is THE day with us. Kids don't go to school, we go to
church, exchange gifts and close out the Christmas Season celebration.  It  has
taught me how to deal with school officials, and to educate these educators
about more than one religious celebration.

(After that it was easy to negotiate taking the kids out for one week for
the National...LOL)

We woke up to the same old dear celebration this morning, and it feels  good
to see my kids holding on to the tradition.

Yes, the dogs got new toys and turkey necks.  <G>

Happy Epiphany Day.

Ileana