[ SHOWGSD-L ] Happy Easter?...not for these dogs.

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 04:52:13 -0700 (PDT)

On the day when Christians are celebrating rebirth, we are reminded of all
those who silently wait for a savior. Please, please...consider fostering for
your local Rescue. It can TRULY mean the difference between life and death for
a GSD with no where to turn. The California shelters are being inundated with
dogs; MANY of them purebred GSDs from back yard breeders.
We need to come together as a community and find a way educate the populace,
stemming the tide of "disposable dogs". Be a voice for the unwanted...call your
local shelter and ask if they are contacting the local GSD rescues for these
dogs! Ask them what method they are utilizing for euthanization. I am told that
many of the dogs in these photos will be facing a gas chamber. The Rescues are
doing a yeomans job of saving as many as is humanly possible. It takes
money..time...and a HUGE emotional toll on ANYONE involved in this.
I realize that this is hard. I understand that it is depressing. But to turn a
blind eye to the suffering is to condone what is happening to our breed. The
more visibility we as ETHICAL breeders and caretakers have in the public eye,
the less people will hopefully turn to these disreputable "breeders" to
purchase a puppy....
Take a moment and look at these faces...say a prayer for them and if you can
find it in your heart to foster, PLEASE contact the local rescue in your area.
It does NOT have to be a GSD rescue. You can find the information on
Petfinder.com, our website or AGSRA's website.
Thank you.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.1881819330928.2110940.1404672887

These pictures were submitted by Nong Obieta to the LHSH FB page.
The Team from Last Hope, Safe Haven Inc.