[ SHOWGSD-L ] Happy Birthday Pip

  • From: Mike & Sheila Metz <Lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx >> The List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 11:56:14 -0500

Sheila Metz here, as many of you know I only write during milestones.
Not only to brag, but for the serious students among us; to provide
information that will help improve our breed and provide information
that is not rumor or innuendo. The last time I wrote was to tell our
list friends that we lost our 3x select MV Hayabusa. Today his sister
Pip (Ch. Lindenhill's You Do Voodoo, ofa) turns 14 years old. Pip is
also litter sister to GVX Voodoo Lily. Six of the seven puppies made it
into the 13 club. Today Pip is our happy, elderly house dog with
everyone else here also descended from her and her sister Lily. Mike
will list her lifelong accomplishments. I will write about her current
accomplishments. Pip still goes out to do chores with me every
day--sleet, snow or 20 below. She hogs the ball, but chasing it down is
a slow deliberate walk--all the while giving the stink eye to any of her
children or grandchildren should they try to swoop in for it. She sleeps
in the little office now and she prefers her Ikea  comforter to the
expensive "old people" pads we have bought for her. She eats well, but
depends on hand signals more each day as her hearing declines. She still
loves company to come over (people and dogs). Those who have old dogs
know I am sharing my gratitude and love for my girl who always tried
harder--as the fancy only noticed her sister and brothers. Again, Pip
would not be Pip without our family, Kent Boyles, and our friends.  How
we miss her son Vinnie the Viper as well. But Vinnie and his mother live
through everyone here. Happy birthday Pip--cake to come today.