[ SHOWGSD-L ] Handlers fees

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'Showgsd-l' <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 16:24:40 -0400

I accidentally deleted Ed Hill's e-mail about handler's fees.  I wanted
to respond to it, so I'll do it here.  I agree 100% with him when he
said that as long as we pay what the handlers charge.....well then
that's what they're going to charge......as long as we are willing to
pay it.  Sorry Ed......these are not your words exactly, but this is how
I remember them.  I remember a friend of mine that was campaigning her
champion with a well known handler.   The handler had put most of his
points on him, took him to Reserve Winners Dog at the National, (I
believe another handler may have taken him to BOF in his region) and
when it was time to go to the following years National as a
special............here's what happened.  When my friend asked this
handler to take her dog to the National, this is what the handler said
to her.  She told my friend that besides her handling fee (can't
remember how much that was), she wanted an all expense paid vacation to
Europe if she put a Select on her champion dog.  My friend said to
herself....."Damn, I can't afford to send myself to Europe no less my
handler."  Long story short......she didn't hire the handler.  Instead
she hired aVERY unknown young handler and the dog was that good that he
went Select #3 without the big shot handler!  Love it!    Barbara