[ SHOWGSD-L ] HSUS...The Giant Gorilla

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 15:05:59 EST

In a message dated 3/6/05 7:19:55 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

The  addition of FFA and ATI make HSUS the Gianter Gorilla. They were big
before  but they juz keep getting bigger. They are also responsible for 90% of
the  legislative proposals like IL SB 1790.

This whole situation is interesting. The question has to be asked, why do  so
many people support PITA, and so few the other side?

One reason might be because it sounds good to say we are going to treat
animals fairly, and not allow breeding and showing, which is only for the ego
of
those who are involved. That has a ring of truth in it.

However, why do we not get organized with multi-million dollar funding? It
is not because we are not passionate. It is not because we are outnumber.   It
is not because they are smarter than we are.  So what is the  answer?

The answer is, that we tend to tolerate others, that is the type of person
who shows and breeds dogs. We learn to accept that others have rights to their
ideas, and their positions, without us forcing them to join us in ours. And,
yet  that is the problem. The other side, (if you can call them that) wants us
to be  precluded in our sport, and we want to allow them the freedom of
speech to speak  out against us.

There is no answer that is easy to understand or implement.  What we  must do
is remain vigilant as things come up and fight it one battle at a time.  If
the rest of the world says we are crazy and need to find another hobby, maybe
it is time to do it.

A case I am on just voted the other side $900,000.00 to defend against my
client.  So far it hasn't helped them at all. Money can buy a lot, but in  the
end, in the courts, it is me against the other person. On the other hand  that
is why I am in the office on Sunday.

I never understood in the movie the Invasion of the Body Snatchers, why
anyone would want to be the only non pod person left.

They can have my lead when they pry it from my cold dead hand.

Evan

_Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together