[ SHOWGSD-L ] HELP! Retired police dog needs home

  • From: Erynbrook1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 20:56:53 EST

One of the Kansas shelters I work with has a retired, rehomed police dog
that now needs another home.
 Info given me from the shelter.

Cowboy is a retired trained German bred K-9 police dog.  He was  whelped
November 2, 1997

The current owner requested him picked up because he snapped at his
grandchild and apparently the grandchild is now living in the home so the dog
had to
go.   Cowboy was part of a litter sent over from Germany and  trained as
police dogs... Several of the litter developed symptoms of hip  displaysia and
all
were retired.  Cowboy was sent to TX to be  "de-programmed".  The current
owner's wife bought the dog from them for  protection.  He has never been
around
small children and cannot be around  other dogs.  He is a trained drug
enforcement dog and still likes to  work.   He is very well housetrained,
excellent on
leash, will not  jump the lowest of fences unless "triggered".

I do have the names of the "deprogrammers, and the name of the breeders if
anyone wants that info.
I had the names of the rescues that will take retired police dogs, but I
cant seem to find them at this time. Please email me privately as I am set to
no
mail.

Thanks!
Nancie