[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: HELP DEFEAT OUTRAGEOUS DOG LEGISLATION IN ILLINOIS

  • From: stormy435 <stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Terraf@xxxxxxxxxxxx, "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 14:42:33 -0800

There are many states now who need help.  If AKC would be more creative,
instead of asking $25/yr for sperm freezing (I KNOW the idea was dumped... I'm
just saying)  or we (GSDCA) would have a click box for $25 a year  and use that
money DIRECTLY to the states who need the lobbyist..  Not shuffle it through
the administration costs.
Or our clubs could tack on 25¢ per entry and have that put in a separate PC
fund for VERY special IMMEDIATE needs.  A lobbyist can cost thousands of
dollars.  A T.V. ad, THOUSANDS of dollars, a newspaper full page spread LOTS of
money.  But shouldn't we start being proactive?  How about sponsoring a Lobby
DAy of our own?  Or a seminar with national organizations giving presentations?
 Maybe one judge could donate their fee and one club could sponsor one
presenter.  Just some ideas.

Stormy

On Feb 19, 2009, at 11:24:31 AM, terraf <Terraf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
IL Capitol KC has hired 3 lobbyists to fight these horrifying bills that
continue to be proposed within the state of Illinois. If clubs or individuals
want to send, even the price of one entry, make the check out to IL Capitol KC
- Lobbyist and send to Steve Hayden, President ICKC, 2029 Monteford Ct.,
Springfield, IL 62704-4172. This is one of the best ways to help defeat this
outrageous bills being proposed!!
Terra Fairburn & Nanc Kinley
Keggi Fair German Shepherds
www.keggifair.com (UPDATED)
members of the GSDC of Quad Cities & GSDCA
www.gsdcqc.com

--
Stormy Hope
carpoc.org