[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Gun Shy.... HUNTER'S MONDAY

  • From: "Bonnie Dinsmore" <vonadlerhof@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <marhaven@xxxxxxx>, <inflight2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <wynsum@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 07:24:27 -0500

I totally agree with Carolyn.  How many times are we out walking and a car
backfires, or a storm comes up? These things happen, and trying to control a
spooked large dog cannot be fun(it isn't--yesterday I groomed a 250 lb.
scared to death Mastiff that wanted to bolt-and he almost took me with him!)
I live next to State Gamelands, and my dogs hear every type of gun out
there, but we still shoot in the yard to test them.  Just tested a new
German bitch and she could care less about the noise.  She looked in the
direction of the gun, but her tail never stopped wagging.  I like this in my
dogs.  I'm sure many people don't get the chance to experiment with guns
though.  There's always the shooting range parking lot!

Bonnie Dinsmore
Von Adlerhof German Shepherds