[ SHOWGSD-L ] Great Woofstock circuit for Strider kids

  • From: Kay Springer <showgsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 19:45:33 -0700

What a weekend!!!

The past four days, was the annual Woofstock circuit in Northern
California.  Lake County KC has shows on Thursday and Friday and
Contra Costa KC has shows on Sat. & Sun.  The majority of handlers and
exhibitors dig out their tie dye clothes along with flowers, beads and
other 60's attire.  Some of the judges even get into the spirit and
you are hard pressed to try to identify them.  Sixties music can be
heard throughout the fairgrounds and there are tie dye flags flying,
tie dye table coverings for all the ring tables and tie dye backdrops
for photos.  It is a great circuit although this year a little too hot.

The show giving clubs work with one of our local GSD specialty clubs
to have good GSD judges and give us a big ring away from most of the
other rings.  They even ask the AKC rep to look the other way when it
comes to doubling!  The German Shepherd Dog Fanciers of Northern
California  supports the entries for the shows and offer trophies for
BOB, BOS and BOW.  This year we had majors at two of the four shows
and between 5 & 8 specials shown.   Always hard to get a major on
Thursday and unfortunately the circuit is the same weekend as
specialty shows in Southern California.

The shows this weekend were very good for the Strider kids.  One day
there were three Strider boys in the winner circle....I had different
bells and sounds for each of them so it was pretty hectic but oh so
fun!  And in BOB competition on Sunday, there were three Strider kids
in the ring.

On Friday, under Ken Tank, my boy, Showboat's Wizard of Scherzar won
his 12-18 class and was RWD for a major reserve. So at that gave
Strider his fourth qualifier along with his three champions. Teddy's
dam is Ch. Scherzar's Mandalay Bay and he was bred by Janice Staley &
Bill Basu and is owned by me.  My thanks to Ken Tank for the very nice
comments he had on the boy. Teddy has  points and as usual, Teddy was
handled by Art Sinclair.  Thanks to Debbie Hopkins for taking him in
for reserve while Art was on his open winner and  for grooming him all
four days.

On Saturday, under Bob Ghigleri, Teddy won his 12-18 class again.  His
half sister, Covy Tucker Hill's Lady Gaga won her 12-18 class and was
given the nod in winners for Winner's Bitch for her first points which
happened to be a major! She is Strider's fifth qualifier. "Glory" is
out of Covy Tucker Hill's Razzleberry and was bred by Cappy Pottle and
Gloria Birch.  She is owned by me and Bill Pettersen.  She was handled
to perfection by Art Sinclair.

On Sunday, under Marie Falconer, whose original breed was GSDs, Teddy
again won his 12-18 class and was RWD. Thanks to Debbie Hopkins for
taking him in the class and winning as Art was a little late to the
ring due to car trouble but was on him for the reserve.   Glory
repeated her performance and went on to WB from 12-18.  This is only
her second weekend in the ring and we are so happy with her performance.

Also, on Sunday, the Winner's Dog was another Strider kid!  Winter
Hawk's Barking At Rohan won the open dog class and went on to WD/BOW.
Mr. B is owned by Chriss Simmons and Jessica Frentz & shown by
Jessica.   Jessica is the junior handler who has been doing so well
with Mr. B's champion sister. Jessica's mom, Stephanie Frentz, had Mr.
B in BOB competition and put the BOW on him while Jessica was showing
her special, Ch. Winter Hawk's Breakfast at Rohan who went BOS.  Ziva
is out of Witmer's Frosted Toffee and was bred by Chriss Simmons and
Bobbie Kindy and is owned by Chriss and Jessica. Jess has four or five
Best Juniors with Ziva.
This family is new to showing GSDs and they are doing so well!

It was a long and hot four days, but boy it sure was special.  I am so
proud of how Strider (GCh. Rohan's Reward TC,CGC,HT,RE,CDX,CHIC) is
producing with all of the different bloodlines.  My thanks to Bobbie
Kindy for breeding him and letting him to come to me.  His sire is
Sel. Am & Can. Ch. Witmer's Jamiroquai ROM and his dam is Sel. Ch.
Utopia's Blast From The Past ROM.

Sorry in advance for any typos/spelling errors etc....I am tired and
heat beat.  Putting my tie dye away for another year....

Kay Springer
www.showboatgsd.com
Home of Multi BISS & Multi Group Winning
GCh. Rohan's Reward TC,CGC,HT,RE,CDX CHIC (h,e,h,t) DM Normal
"Strider" 83 BOB's #5 & #6 GSD 2009