[ SHOWGSD-L ] Good things from the board meeting

  • From: "Cyndy Davis" <cyndyinseattle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 18:17:23 -0700

1. Wayne Davis spoke on the AKC Working Dog Sport trial. The first one EVER
will be held at the National in CO. The winner of the Working Dog Sport will
receive the last trophy Stuttgart's Sundance Kid ever won. This is a really
nice SILVER loving cup/cooler type trophy that Inge Vyprachitcky donated to
the Colorado club, who is donating to us.

2. We are donating $1500 to celebrate the hero dogs from 911

3. Many people have donated leashes and other goodies for monogrammed duffel
bags for all the juniors who enter the Nationals.

4. Within the next year, the GSDCA will offer free website hosting to all
regional clubs.

5. PR - the PR committee is working on a website that will offer the
regional clubs sample press releases, photographs, and other materials to
help them publish their events and the good works of their dogs. They are
also hosting a booth at the Nationals where newbies and visitors can learn
more about the GSD, meet breeders and dogs. Two cool things - the Polaroid
patrol will be out taking pics of everyone to put on a very large board -
names included - so everyone can put names with faces. We'll also give tours
to visitors, have information on the dogs, the club, etc. to hand out.

These are a few I remember. I'm sure you'll read it all in the BOG soon.
Cyndy

Cyndy Davis
www.texasdogs.com
Callian German Shepherds