[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Goldberg defending Vick

  • From: "LEE SMITH" <ladyaramis1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <InquestGSD@xxxxxxx>, <marhaven@xxxxxxx>, <Erynbrook@xxxxxxx>, <murk@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 22:15:34 -0400

Thanks Ileana,

I haven't had time to respond until now. I found the "cultural thing" excuse
upsetting. I understand that there are cultural influences that can change a
person's outlook for life. However, dog fighting and cock fighting are
"sports" that are common in poor uneducated communities around the world --
white, black, Hispanic and Asian. But, to make a generalization about a
country, race or ethnic group is wrong. Dog fighting is not a black or
Hispanic cultural issue. I'm friends with people of all races and religions,
and people from all over the world.  NONE of the people I'm friends with
think dog fighting is OK and none of their parents did either. All of their
"cultural" behinds wouuld have been in a slammer for haning around and/or
particapating in such activies, just like mine would have been.

Lee Smith