[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Go by the rules

  • From: "Cynthia VanDenBerge" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "vande001@yahoo" for DMARC)
  • To: "foxtrotgsd@xxxxxxxxx" <foxtrotgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 21:22:56 +0000 (UTC)

I think to "not go" if you have a "contender" for GV, GVx, OV etc would be to
cut off your nose to spite your face.  Most dog folks are competitive enough to
not want to walk away from an opportunity for glory.I think that we will get
back into a more equitable rotation as soon as our 3 years is done at Purina.
I look at it as kind of an experiment...how does the fancy handle a one
location national.  I think most reasonable people realize that a one location
national is not fair.  The issue, at least as reported, is the difficulty in
finding appropriate venues.  Now, I am not knowledgable enough to know if this
is true or not, but, it makes some sense that it is getting increasingly more
difficult to find a place that can accomodate our national and doesn't break
the bank.Now we also have the Seiger show which adds more requirements to the
venue.  I think it is humorous that people were complaining that the two events
were held on different dates and now that they are at the same time, people are
still complaining.  I think it is very cool to be able to see both shows at one
spot at one time.  I just know that is must be a terrible burden on our East
and West coasters to make a trip to Purina.  Cynthia

On Thursday, July 23, 2015 4:02 PM, Kathy Martin <foxtrotgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

IMHO the way for the membership to show the person who would force all of us
to the St. Louis area "forever" is to just not go there.
Kathy Martin
FoxtrotGSD

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 2:54 PM, Redacted sender bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx for
DMARC <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In 2004 a survey was done by the then sitting president of the GSDCA, Ginny
Altman.
The majority of the membership responded that rotation was their choice with
the preferred way to do it - east, central, west, central and so on.
Somehow the preference of the membership is not so important now to a majority
of thecurrent board.
Finances was used as an excuse to stay in St Louis.....our finances our fine.
As a point of note.....a sitting board member in 2004 verbally stated it was
their intentionto move the national to the middle of the country/St Louis area
and keep it there forever
Looks like it was more or less a success.
MollyMember GSDCC, GSDCA, Life member CKCTrillia GSD's since 1972
bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx