[ SHOWGSD-L ] Glad you came

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 18:52:24 EDT

In a message dated 5/28/09 2:31:28 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
betjagsd@xxxxxxx writes:
I am  upset over the =
snickers and being laughed at after the  class.

I was sorry to hear that. I have been laughed at for years. I fell at the
National in Del Mar, and had to be carried out. People were so pleased to
see me  down, they applauded.  Then I fell again in Oregon and landed flat on
my  back. But, I laughed that time, and went on.

We can take this stuff from a few insensitive people and ignore them, and
listen only to those who encourage us, it is our choice.  Most are happy to
see us old types in the ring.  One year I turned to a young handler,
Reggie, and said, "Do you realize I am 47 years older than you?"  He didn't
under stand being 47 years old.

You have to laugh. It isn't important if someone laughs at you, just laugh
back. This is for fun, and I insist on having fun. I have been laughed at,
derided, bitched at, complained at, and cut down. But, let's now talk about
my  wife.

It is all good. The only bad thing is if no on notices you, and for this
one person, I thank her for being there.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
**************Cooking Dinner For Two? Sign Up & Get Immediate Member-Only
Savings.
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222652750x1201460983/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B215225797%3B37274671%3Bq%3Fhttp:%2
F%2Frecipes.cookingfor2.pillsbury.com%2F%3FESRC%3D934)