[ SHOWGSD-L ] Give until it hurts

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 12:11:12 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 9/8/13 8:45:04 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Several years ago I ran for board because YOU talked me into  it Mr.
Ginsburg!!!!.....and I would have done a great job, I'd have spoken my  mind,
been
honest about ALL my  views...but>>>>>>>>>>>>> I got  beat by the
lifers!...fool me once la la la.......fool me twice...you  know how it
goes.....my
next and last campaign will be a candidate for the  Brentwood Union School
board district ...and again I will be  defeated...my views are just too outside
the  box....

I twice ran for President of the GSDCA.  I was defeated twice by  people
who did a great job for this club. Once by Dan Smith, who I had served  under
on the board and thought he did a great job. Then I ran against Lew Bunch
only because I was told no one else would do it.  When I found our Lew was
running I told him I hoped he won, and since I never quit I continued. Lew
was  one of our great Presidents.

It does humble one to lose, but I have never let that bother me.  Oh,  I
cry now and then in the middle of the night, and lament my losses to anyone
who will listen. But, my life has managed to go on.

If you never try again after you lose, it limits the choices given to the
voters.  Ed would be great on the board. We used to get new people every
year, but this year we only have six, and we can pick four.  We are  reducing
our board numbers, and that is good.

I will be sitting at the announcer's table this year with Bob (the voice of
 the National), and Ed (Flower Boy) Hill.  My third place job is going to
be  to convince Ed to run for the board next year. Everyone who comes by
should help  me in this. Just walk up, look Ed in the eye and say:  "BOARD"
then
walk  away.

I will be doing a number of things this year at the National.

First is to do the best job of announcing I can do for the GSDCA. Second is
 to Blog what I see, and what I think.  You know what third is.  Fourth  is
to meet some new people, try to remember those I know, spend some time with
 my friends, and promote the Juniors.

Speaking of Juniors, Summer will not be there, but I am getting some
donations, and I thank you for that. As you know, I have decided to keep
everyone private who contributes, and I wonder if that is a good decision?   I
am
blown away by the support they are getting, and appreciate all of you who
helped.

There is still time for a donation, if you haven't done so, please dig deep
 and remember, the child you support may some day be the person who helps
pick  you up when you fall and can't get up.

I may have a new slogan.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
gsyrfund.com
Asgard German  Shepherds
_http://www.asgardgsd.com_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Where Type  Movement and Temperament come  together