[ SHOWGSD-L ] Girl Scouts, Dogs, and Football

  • From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 14:30:05 -0800 (PST)

Just before the Raider game starts my lovely wife wants me to go to the grocery
store to get her a cup of coffee...on my way in I see two fourth graders and
one parent in front of the store selling can nuts for the Girl Scouts, these
ladies are not in my class but they know me and I know them, I promise to buy
some nuts from them after I get my wife's coffee...so I come out holding this
hot $%#@ coffee and I buy two cans of nuts, now I'm in a hurry walking back to
my car....I am, out of habit, always aware of my surroundings....always...well
I'm locked on tunnel vision and as I walk by this car, without me seeing them,
two little pieces of dog (Chihuahuas) start barking like crazy at me.....those
little shi$s scared me so bad the can nuts went flying and I spilled coffee,
HOT COFFEE ,on my pretty soft brown skin . my screams caused my girl scout
friends to break out in laughter...as I turned to look for my nuts the girls
said...Mr. Hill you are so funny!...I responded..."that
 s why
 God put me here ladies, see ya tomorrow"...then I go to my dirty black Honda
Pilot...I hit the remote and the damn door will not open....I'm now saying in
my head every last cuss word I can think of ( what a role model)..this lady
comes up to me and tells me that this is HER car I am trying to get
into....well she was right...my dirty black Honda was in the next row....when I
got home my lovely wife who gets a bit grouchy with out her cigarettes and
coffee asked me in a not so friendly way what took me so
long...................life is good and the Raiders won...Peggy told me about a
great book and now as I write this I'm eating Girls Scout peanuts......what
ever happened to the cookies?????....its tough to be a man baby......lol...FB