[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [Germanshepherds4Show] Purina Farms Voting Response

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LEWIEB@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 09:03:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Lew,

Where is herding going to be held in 2006?? I was at the last ST Louis national
 have they changed the building?
Terry
LEWIEB@xxxxxxx wrote:
OK, I have to respond to this one.  Yes, Ken and Tish are correct none of the
board voted for the Purina Site even though it was presented as a viable site
and I love it.  Now you want to know WHY I did not vote for Purina?  There
were four sites presented, two in St. Louis, one in Beaumont, the other was
Louisville I think.  It seemed to me the vote was going to come down to
deciding
to go back to Lake St. Louis where the National had been held or to Beaumont
which is a Coastal Site (Gulf Coast) and it would have meant the national would
be held at a coastal location for four years in a row (Daytona, Albany,
Concord, Beaumont).  The Lake St. Louis site had a chance of winning, Purina
Farms
is a new site and not all trusted it since the Board had not personally seen
it.  The Board HAD SEEN all the other sites and could make an informed decision.
Lake St. Louis was chosen for 2006, a Midwest, centrally located site that
our members had requested on the survey.

So, yes, Tish and Ken are correct, no one voted for Purina Farms ON THIS
VOTE, however, if the Board visits Purina Farms and it comes up to a vote I
would
imagine there will be several votes for Purina Farms.

As Paul Harvey would say, that is the rest of the story.

Lew

Notice. forwarding of any information that appears on the German Shepherd 4
Show list is not allowed.

Terry Cochran
www.FairwayShepherds.com
www.Rightdog.com    RightDog Photography