[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [Germanshepherds4Show] Best Made Plans - Gustav

  • From: TRennie100@xxxxxxx
  • To: MidniteGSD@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Germanshepherds4Show@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 15:42:50 EDT

Prayers are being sent to all of you in the wake of this terrible hurricane
Gustav.. I just cannot believe this is happening again after so many have in
your area are not even yet finished rebuilding their lives from Katrina and
the  havoc she wreaked on all of you in her wake.

I saw some people from Louisiana areas being interviewed on TV last nite on
CNN news about being evacuated and asking a lot of other questions. Due to
the way CNN set things up, people could call or email directly to the station
 help with the evacuation and to check on all areas that would most likely be
 hit.

One man being interviewed refused to leave his home.. From guilt...GUILT?  It
seems that he and his wife went thru Katrina by having to stay up in  their
attic.. His prescious wife of 18 years,  dropped dead in his  arms for no
apparent reason soon after they reached the attic as the water  levels were
getting
higher and higher.  He stayed that way with her dead in  his arms for a day
and a half until they were rescued... The autopsy on his  wife determined that
she died from stress. All I could do was sit there and  cry while watching him
wipe his tears away.. I hope the poor man makes it  although I really kind of
think that he would rather not beings that he chooses  to stay..

May God be with all of my friends in ANIMALS of all sorts during this awful
crisis....And of course everyone else in the path of Gustav.  I cannot  do
much from where I am. I live in California.

A friend in shepherds

Teona

deal here.