[ SHOWGSD-L ] German Shepherds pulling

  • From: Holly Woods <hollywoods@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ShowGSD-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 19:23:00 -0700

At one show we were at there was a Malemute specialty or booster going on so as
a side show after they had pulling contests for all breeds of dogs.. They had
different size harnesses and different size loads for all breeds.. My
girlfriends shepherd one the contest for pulling the most weight in his size
category.. so up against lots of sled dogs..
Also at the annual sled dog races up here they have weight pulling contests and
 German Shepherds have won that a couple times
As far as different dog teams go, when I was a kid I started a team with all
the neighbour kids dogs.. My cocker spaniel was the lead dog as he listened to
my commands, then we had a lab, a collie and a great pyranees... quite a
mixture.. they pulled our tobbogan up to the top of the hill and the cocker
rode in the front coming down.

Holly Woods