[ SHOWGSD-L ] German Shepherd Victor on Glen Beck

  • From: GreyPines@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 18:06:38 -0500 (EST)

Must Read
Also read the poem Glen presented. It is outstanding

(http://ad.doubleclick.net/click;h=v8/3d4a/0/0/*/z;255059659;0-0;1;58127817;3454-728/90;50160571/50149179/1;u=prntype*web!prngenre*conservative_talk!pr
npage*home!sz*728x90;~sscs=?http:/www.theblaze.com/tv/)
 (http://www.theblaze.com/)  (http://www.theblaze.com/)

Top  of Form

Bottom  of Form
    *       *       *

Watch  Glenn Beck’s Emotional Tribute To His Dog, Victor
At  the end of tonight’s Glenn Beck Program, the host paid a special
tribute to a  member of the Beck family not often mentioned on radio or
television, the  family’s canine elder statesman, Victor the German
Shepherd.

Image:  TheBlazeTV
As  Glenn explained, Victor was the family’s first choice for protection
after they  started receiving death threats in 2001. This very special German
Shepherd has  stood guard for the Beck family for more than a decade. Victor’
s presence and  unwavering devotion has allowed Glenn to spend nights away
from his family for  the many business trips required by his work.
From  Wednesday night’s Glenn Beck Program, the emotional tribute to the
Beck family’s  best friend.
(Begin  transcript)
Tonight  I want to leave you with a personal note: That great teachers are
found  sometimes in the most unlikely of places.
It  was right after 9/11 that I received my first death threat. It was from
a Muslim  extremist that said he would kill me and my whole family if I didn
’t stop  talking. It was the first time I ever had any professional
interaction with the  FBI and we were told to go home. We didn’t even have
curtains
on the windows of  our house at that time. I went home and I explained as
calmly as I could to my  wife as that we had to take sheets and blankets and
put them on our window as  soon as we could. That night we had a serious
discussion with men who carried  guns outside our bedroom door and in our
property and we had a discussion about  buying a gun. And my wife and I having
not grown up around guns decided the  answer was ‘No’. Laughably we thought
we weren’t responsible enough to have one.  So we were instructed to leave
town for a month.
I  was living in Florida at the time and I took my family to Los Angeles
and we  couldn’t tell anybody that we were in LA for a month. We knew we
needed  something in the house to protect us.
Great  teachers are everywhere. And they’re found in unlikely places but
they’ll teach  us great lessons. Victor has taught our family great lessons
in
duty an  devotion. I have been able to be away from my family on road trips
with comfort  because he has been a part of our life. And he is teaching me
now a very  difficult lesson in dignity.
He  has been on watch every since we met him. He’s a service dog and he has
become a  much loved and loving part of our family. In addition to his job
as protector  his unwavering affection has been a lesson for our whole
family. He came into  our lives to protect us. And he has done that and much
more. He’s an amazing dog  and he has taught me and my family about
protection,
devotion, dependence,  caring and he is now teaching us the hardest lesson:
learning when to let  go.
We  have depended on him for years and now his body is failing him. And now
he  depends on us to protect him and to care for him and to ultimately to
decide  what’s best for him. Not for us. For him. The Victor decision is one
I think we  both know about. I know and he knows and I can see it in his
eyes and we both  know the other one knows that it doesn’t make it easier.
Victor’s  lessons are ingrained in us forever. Protection, devotion and
dignity.
I  don’t know what this holiday is going to bring us, but it may be a very
tough  decision. I would ask you for your prayers for Victor and our family
and the  difficult decisions that we face. Thank you,  Victor.