[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSDs for older owners

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <skozub@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 12:45:56 -0500

This thread has caused me sadness and inner mental pain along with the horrible
physical pain I have every day because, as our wonderful late Ellen H. always
said,
that age is just a number (I'm 76 or 67 backwards) -- IF I COULD I WOULD HAVE
AT LEAST ONE GSD LIVING WITH ME NOW!  I have lived with (boarding/rescuing)
just about any kind of dog/animal/bird etc. you could name and our GSDs are and
always will be THE VERY BEST   IMHO!  I'm sorry and sad I can't care for even
ONE
anymore.  It's tough enough to do so with my 3 lb. 15 yr. old poodle & my 7 lb.
Siamese and ME!!!   I'm blessed to at least be able to have any pet I love them
all
so very much.  I've said so often that I feel the reason our GSDs are so
"versatile"
sp. - is due to the fact Max didn't get deeply involved in the breedings until
he was
out of the military and it was his ONLY work and passion.  Other breeds were
developed
by one or more people for "special purposes" - Herr Doberman was a tax
collector -- Did
you ever see the larger more jagged middle teeth between their fangs - SUPERB!
Oh, I
had one and he was one of the very best dogs I've ever had, however it is so
very very
important for everyone to KNOW -- genetics are only a PART of the development
of any
one - human as well.  Environment is so vital.  OK I'll lurk, but I hope you
can understand
my position on this and that I CANNOT HELP THIS POSITION.  Oh, I KNOW where
those
last dogs I had when I was forced into selling my farm are located and this
helps me a bit.
TNX for listening and please know when a person cannot help their situation
that's about
the toughest of all.   LOVE YA FOLKS,    Norma no L