[ SHOWGSD-L ] GSDCA Site Suspension? Renewing Membership

  • From: ropajagsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 16:27:37 -0500 (EST)

I believe the intent of that post was that ...if you have been a member for 12
year and this year you did not renew for two yrs (2013)...You should start out
in 2013 having your 12 previous yrs and going forward....not 14yrs....as you
did not renew your membership for those two years.

As it stands right now; If I do not renew by Dec 31 2010 even if I sent it in 3
months from now....the GSDCA records would show that I only had a membership
starting in 2011.....even though I had been a member for 12 yrs previous, using
the previous scenario.

I KNOW this to be true; because I joined the GSDCA back in the late 70s and was
a continuous member until 2002 when I sent my renewal in late in December and
it was not received by PC before 12/31/02....It was received sometime in the
first quarter 2003; my membership was considered lapsed and my renewal was
considered a NEW membership...the PC actually sent a "Welcome NEW member"
notice to me.  When when I inquired about it I was told that the PC does not
have any records to show that my membership started prior to 2003.....Go
figure...does that mean that before Dania no records were kept?...I cannot
imagine that is true?...but what do I know?....Pauline

Pauline Moon
www.ropajagsd.com

Msg: #3 in digest
rom: "Samuel Israel" <israelfriedberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
ubject: Re: GSDCA Site Suspension?  Renewing Membership
ate: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 11:54:17 -0800
It certainly makes sense to put these delinquents in a "suspended" status,
ossibly for a period of two years during which time they would receive no
embership benefits, including receipt of the Review.  When they pay their
ues they have a choice of either paying all outstanding dues with some
enalty and getting full credit for the two year period or just paying the
urrent year's fee and losing credit for the interim period.  What's the
ownside of doing this?  I guess it encourages people not to pay on time,
ut I can't believe that it effect people.

amuel Israel, Esq.
srael, Friedberg & Korbatov, LLP
1601 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 2200
os Angeles, CA 90025