[ SHOWGSD-L ] GSDCA Regional Club Challenge Awards Presentation

  • From: LEWIEB@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 14:54:22 EST

2005 GSDCA Regional Club Challenge Final Results

Our GSDCA Regional Club Committee started out 2005 using this slogan, In=20
2005, the Regional Clubs will come Alive.  And you know what?  It worked, th=
ere=20
were more GSDCA Regional Clubs that  participated in the Regional club=20
Challenge, the clubs earned points in record numbers and 64% of the 2005 Win=
ners=20
competed in the Challenge for the first time.  the 2006 Slogan is Let's Enco=
urage=20
NOT Discourage.

However, there are several things that really made me happy and caused lots=20
of smiles when Kelly told me of the tabulation results.  Kelly will have a=20
complete article in the Review but let me share a few details with you.

We have a winner that earned ALL of their points in performance and club=20
events, NOT ONE point was won in Conformation.  Another club earned over hal=
f of=20
their points by doing therapy work, visiting nursing homes and letting the=20
public meet our German Shepherd Dog, we have a brand new club who is also ta=
king=20
home a rosette and we have a Training Club that not only participated but wi=
ll=20
also share in the awards.  Wouldn=E2=80=99t it be great to have several GSDC=
A-WDA=20
Clubs entered in the 2006 Challenge?

The Winners:

Small Club Division
4th Place:  GSDC of Austin

3rd Place:   We had a tie between Bay State GSDC and Iroquois GSDC
=20
2nd Place:  A new club, the GSDC of Northern Georgia
 and for the GSDC of Memphis who earned most of their points by doing Breed=20
promotion, education and therapy work.

1st Place:  The First Place Winner of the Small Club Division earned 495=20
points which would also have won the Medium Club Division and would have pla=
ced=20
them Third in the Large Club Division.  Now for the GREAT News, their points=
=20
were all earned via Performance Titles, Club Events, New members, etc.  They=
 did=20
NOT earn one point from any Conformation Event, I am very proud of this Club=
.=20
Congratulations to the Tampa Bay GSDC.

The Winners
Medium Club Division
4th Place:  The first time they enter the Challenge they take home a rosette=
,=20
Santa Maria/San Luis Bay GSDC.

3rd Place:  Is awarded to the GSDC of St. Louis=20

2nd Place: The GSDC of Greater Kansas City

1st Place:  We are going to have to figure out how to make it dark in Alaska=
=20
so this hard working club will sleep now and then.  Congratulations repeat=20
winner GSDC of Alaska with 420 points.

The Winners
Large Club Division

4th Place:  The GSD Training Club of Chicago.

3rd Place: Delaware Valley GSDC

2nd Place:  GSDC of Atlanta

1st. Place:  And I guess it is only fitting to award another first place=20
finish to this club who showed us the way a club can work together. =20
Congratulations again to the GSDC of Minneapolis & St. Paul with 730 points.

The 2006 GSDCA Regional Club Challenge is underway, get your rosters and=20
titles to Kelly Knight.  In 2006 let=E2=80=99s see some GSDCA-WDA clubs in t=
he Challenge,=20
more Training/Performance Clubs and new winners.  Have a GREAT Time and don=
=E2=80=99t=20
forget to work hard, be nice, play fair and hug your dog.

Lew Bunch
GSDCA Regional Club Chairman