[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSDCA Mentors

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: bedkar@xxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 13:11:57 -0400 (EDT)

thanks.....I was looking at a the AKC list of mentors for another breed,
and checked out our list out of curiosity, and what a surprise to find
departed members still listed as mentors, and many others that need to be
updated, including yours truly.

* Ileana  *
Love me, love my dogs.

In a message dated 8/11/2012 11:51:59 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
bedkar@xxxxx writes:

I am not  sure if AKC carries a list of mentors for each breed...I believe
"PC  Approved Mentors" are  decided by each PC Educational committee.
The  GSDCA recognizes every Breeder Judge as a Mentor.  That said, in  the
past, AKC accepted (for ringside mentoring) anyone in a specific breed  who
has 10 years of documented experience in that particular breed....or, a
judge
that has judged that breed for 10 years or more.
However, this  could have all changed....AKC changes policy and procedures
faster than it  changes it's underwear.

Kay