[ SHOWGSD-L ] GSDC of North Georgia in the news

  • From: Rikers123@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 15:54:13 EST

Cherokee Ledger News
November 28, 2007

Event raises money for police dogs

Deputies with the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office K-9 Unit, as well as K-9
Officers from the Canton City Police Department and the Cobb County School
Police conducted K-9 demonstration Nov 17 at the Tractor Supply Company in
Hickory Flat. The event was sponsored by the German Shepherd Dog Club of North
Georgia (GSDCNG). The goal of the GSDCNG is to promote the German Shepherd
breed, and the club strives to provide an atmosphere for German Shepherd
enthusiasts to train, show and enjoy their dogs and the company of other people
 who
have the breed. K-9 displays at the event included drug and bomb searches as
well as a bite demonstration. The GSDCNG donated $1250.00 to the Sheriff's
Offive K-9 Unit ( $ 250.00 per dog ) and $ 250.00 to the Canton Unit. For more
information on the GSDCNG call .........

WTG guys !! We all worked hard, had a great turnout and made a good
impression. I am proud to be President of this club !! We do these Meet The
Breeds
several times a year and have donated several K-9 vests and monies for  local
police K-9 units over the past few years and are happy to do it.

Denise  Groenewald
President GSDC of North Georgia
Editor of The Guardian, GSDC of  Atlanta Monthly newsletter
_www.greenwoodshepherds.com_ (http://www.greenwoodshepherds.com/)

products.