[ SHOWGSD-L ] GSDC Board

  • From: "fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GSD List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 14:03:14 -0500

Hi All;
I have been reading about this so called "gag order" and think this is
absolutely outrageous. No Board that is elected by a membership should ever
have such a thing. The members of a Club are entitled to know what is being
done by the Board, heck, even AKC puts who votes for what by name in there
Board minutes. This allows the Delegates to know how those who have been voted
to the Board by the
Clubs are voting on business that is essential to the welling being of the AKC.
This should be the same for the GSDCA as we the members have voted the
individuals to the Board and we have a right to know how they are representing
us. Even if discussions are on a list.

As an Officer of an AB Club, are members have every right to know what the
Board is doing as it effects everyone in the membership.

I also believe since the Club is so large and spread out over the Country, that
they definitely need to look at holding Nationals in
all parts of the country to allow members to attend and not feel that they are
being ignored.

I will also put my two cents in about the raising costs of the National. It is
time to take a long hard look at each venue that is done at the National to see
if they are holding there own or losing money, cutting the number of days and
other expenses. No Club can continue to
lose money and survive, be it an AB or National Club.

My AB Club over the last several years have eliminated certain items and went
out and got bid for items to save money. We had to do this in order to survive.
Times have changed and we can not continue to run as usual.

Also, the Club needs to open it's eyes, you are losing members and Clubs and
you are doing nothing to encourage the membership at all, only shooting them
down.

I also have a suggestion about the Review, go quarterly like the other Breed
Mags and do what some one else suggested, Stud Dog issue, do interviews with
Breeders, do interviews with performance people. I get the Lab Quarterly and
this is what they do and they
are not hurting for ads and we are number 2 to the Labs.

This is my opinion, but I had to get it off my chest, because if we keep on the
route we are on, this Club will not be able to survive.

Cathy
Kelstar

fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
EarthLink Revolves Around You.