[ SHOWGSD-L ] GSD: the clorox dog

  • From: Penny & Bill <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: The List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 17:35:37 -0500

There was a photo that Ellen sent to me a few years ago.  It was taken
above a GSD and showed a mostly black GSD, with white all down its
spine and across its back.  I called it the clorox dog because it
looked like clorox was splashed on it and turned some hair white.
Evidently this is in some lines--but there was a special name for it.
The dog was born with "normal" color and developed this after a year
or so.  Does anyone know the name of the disease?  Does anybody have a
picture?  I don't have it any more.
Penny