[ SHOWGSD-L ] GSD movement

  • From: "Karen Weidenbener" <vweiden@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:01:52 -0800

I really love seeing my Shepherd move with a suspended trot  at different
speeds.  Always my goal in my breeding program but you don't always get it.
However right now I am working Sassy, she is a Sammy VonDrachenberg daughter
and HCH Hillside V Weiden's UD granddaughter.  When she Tends her sheep on the
graze we get the pleasure of watching this girl's beautiful suspended gate.
She can go different speeds and still maintain a trot.  Jim Hall, Debbie Humble
and Clarey Douwes and I just sit back and enjoy watching.  Also her grandfather
is out of Susan Sullivan's male HCH Indian Ledge Lex  O'Firethorn.  Susan will
be out here next week to visit and herd with us.  I am looking forward to her
seeing Sassy.
Working our Shepherds in Tending we really get to see their movement and why
they are at an advantage if they can move at different speed and still maintain
a trot.
Karen