[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSD Puppy Mill Rescue Help

  • From: "Cyndy" <cyndy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>, <targa50@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 12:31:36 -0600

Yes.

-----Original Message-----
From: showgsd-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:showgsd-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Terry Cochran
Sent: Saturday, November 26, 2005 10:20 AM
To: targa50@xxxxxxxxxxx; showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSD Puppy Mill Rescue Help

When I went to the website I clicked on info on the dogs and that took me to
the Petfinders.com website. Is that normal for a rescue?
  Terry
Pat Lukos <targa50@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  This just came to my Rescue List here in Pittsburgh...could any of our
Rescue people on the list get in touch with this person and see what is or
has been done to help the dogs Pat Lukos
--------------------------------
From: "Jane Walbridge" janegael@xxxxxxxxxxx (@comcast.net)
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 20:51:47
MO MILL GERMAN SHEP PUPS STARVING and FREEZING!!! NEED RESCUE NOW!

PLEASE CROSS-POST !!! THESE DOGS HAVE NO TIME TO WAIT!

CONTACT: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (@sgsdrescue.com)

Just rec'd an email from our volunteer, Wendy, who has been working on
pulling Golden Retrievers with LoveAGolden and GSDs from a puppy mill in the
southern part of Missouri.

There are approximately 17 GSDs under 1-year still at the mill and they are
literally starving to death! It is very doubtful these dogs will make it
through the winter. We are now faced with the horrible plight that these
dogs need help NOW. Even if we pull them and have to euthanize, it will be a
kindness. At this point the adults are probably beyond our ability to save
as they take so much more time to adjust. (There are still 20+ adults) We
are taking food this weekend and pulling a few that we will be fostering and
boarding.

The mill owner is going to court in January regarding her mill and will most
likely be closed. We have been trying to pull and spay the females so that
they cannot keep breeding. However, until she goes to court the dogs will
not be confiscated and quite frankly most probably won't make it until then.
As the mill owner has lost her job, she cannot pay for food herself, let
alone all of these dogs. She has agreed to let them go to rescue if we can
place them.
Please contact EVERYONE you know in rescue and see if they have any adopters
for young GSDs. I know there are black and tan's as well as rare blue GSDs
at this mill. The dogs I have seen have been beautiful and with time and
love have adjusted well. Time is not a luxury we have as these dogs are
outside and with temps starting to drop and no extra weight on them they
will not survive.

Please contact me if you can either foster, have adopters, can transport, or
can donate money toward vetting or food. I appreciate your thoughts and
prayers for these poor babies as well.

Thank you.

Michelle Werts
Executive Director
Serendipity German Shepherd Dog Rescue
e-mail: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original