[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSD Numbers

  • From: VSabiaB@xxxxxxx
  • To: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx, pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, ValleSaladoGSD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 12:00:34 EDT

In a message dated 4/25/2008 7:45:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx writes:
if you've never had the experience of walking into a
shelter and trying to deal with that sick, shut down, terrified, filthy,
abused and half-starved german shepherd or had to walk PAST the shepherd mix
because your "rescue" kennels were already full or you didn't have the funds to
board the
poor thing at the vet's in order to avoid having your own dogs come into
contact with a potential communicable problem then you do not understand the
nightmare that IS rescue.  it's not fun and it's not heroic; it's dirty and
often
depressing hard work that, sometimes, still does not fulfill what the dog needs
to be made adoptable.  THEN you have to give the poor soul a hug and loving
arms as he is mercifully sent to the bridge.  in other words, sometimes it
stinks.  but you keep doing it.

sorry to sound a little miffed but if those who have not been in the trenches
had ANY idea of what dawn and LHSH are faced with on a daily basis they would
never say anything so absurd as to suggest that the numbers may be off or
there is an ARista agenda.  how ridiculous and petty an attitude that is.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Diane has said it all .....
I never knew what rescue was really about until I actually went to a pound to
rescue and seen all those eyes begging me to help them.. it IS very emotional
and gets depressing at times. We can't save them all, but we can try....

As far as what someone else said about there only being 20% of purebred GS
being in the shelter .....WRONG..
take the time and really _L@@k _ (mailto:L@@k )
Read Last Hope's forum...
_http://forums.lasthopesafehaven.com/mb/lasthopegsds_
(http://forums.lasthopesafehaven.com/mb/lasthopegsds)

Vicki
_Von Charisma German Shepherds_
(http://members.aol.com/VAbby17801/VCGShepherds.html)
My sunshine does not come from the skies,
It comes from the love in my dogs eyes.

listings at AOL Autos.