[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fwd: washing machines

  • From: Gsdbroon@xxxxxxx
  • To: Lealynn@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, WAB@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 17:48:12 EDT

____________________________________
 From: wab@xxxxxxxx
To: Lealynn@xxxxxxx
CC: Gsdbroon@xxxxxxx
Sent:  8/28/2009 2:36:18 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time
Subj: Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ]  washing machines

I have to admit that I was not all that  impressed with our front load
Maytag. I don't think it gets the clothes as  clean as some of the top loaders
I've had especially the whites! It also  shakes like we are having an
earthquake (ours is upstairs) and the pots on my  pot rack in my kitchen bang
against one another while the clothes are in the  spin cycles.

I wash a lot of throw rugs and I seem to  have to adjust the load manually
a couple of times during the cycles. It's  almost like the machine just
doesn't want to exert too much effort. Maybe I'm  naive but I always ask how
heavy duty the  heavy duty washer is and they always assure me that  I will be
able to wash all of my wonderfully filthy items without any  problems. That
is until the guy comes out to unplug the drain hole (in the  machine)
because I wasn't supposed to wash rubber backed rugs. The little  pieces of
rubber
like to form a nice big plug, about 2 inches in diameter.  Yuk!

Now that being said, I do know people who  have LGs and they seem to really
like them but they don't have animals or wash  the sort of big items like I
seem to do.

Good luck on the quest for the perfect  washing machine. I think it only
truly exisits in my dreams!!

Happy Laundry,
Wendy
(Vivian Brown's daughter  in-law)