[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fwd: mediocre-an observation

  • From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 18:36:53 EDT

In a message dated 7/11/2006 2:32:58 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
SoilentGrn@xxxxxxx writes:

It is  always about someone else's dog.

It is demeaning without being  specific.

It is meant to imply to the listener that the speaker has  some  knowledge.

Have to disagree with you on all counts.  First I think we have all  raised
or owned "mediocre " dogs at some point...maybe even shown them or hoped  to
for a time.  I think they are called pets, and with any luck,  they are
re-homed
into great families that love them dearly. Or we  keep them , love them,
hair,  hide and all.

Second, if it hits a nerve , without specifics, that is not the authors
fault, but maybe defensiveness on the part of a reader.  You want  specifics?
think that would be dis allowed by this Lists rules,  yes?

And third, knowledge is a broad based and varied thing, some have more,  some
less, and on different topics....those who post on the topic of mediocrity
or ANY subject on this list or any other list, generally like to think or hope
they speak from a base of some knowledge, or experience.  It is a way to
open discussion, sometimes friendly, heated, boring  , funny, sad, or
frustrating.  The nice thing is we all have the ability to erase
it.......called DELETE.

Have a super day
Kathy