[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Fwd: here is the rest of the story: would you sell a puppy...

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 07:38:50 -0500

Nope.  He wouldn't get a puppy from me.

What some are missing (maybe didn't read your initial post) is that this
buyer dictated HIS conditions TO you.  In other words, he wanted to be
present because he didn't trust you and your vet.

My experience is once a pain in the ass, always a pain in the ass.   When I
have tried to make things work in the past, I am reminded ALWAYS A PAIN  IN
THE ASS.  So...let him be someone else's pain.  I think he is  controlling
and manipulative.  Now you get the sticky-sweet apology.   My
pain-in-the-ass radar is off the charts on this one.....you be sticky sweet  in
your
response.  "Oh, I'm so sorry, the puppies are spoken for...."

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

visit http://www.pinehillgsds.com/

In a message dated 2/19/2015 7:57:07 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi List,

remember the other day I asked you all a question that a  prospective buyer
insisted on accompanying me to the vet for the litter's  first vet check?
Well, I told him to take a hike and that I wouldn't be  held hostage to his
'conditions', and he wrote me an apology and now wants to  buy the
puppy.................my question to you all is:  should I  forgive him and
sell him
a puppy, which of course, will be at a higher price,  because he equates
quality with price?  Please, your opinions are very  helpful to me.  Here is
his apology:

Hi Cheryl...Oh boy...where to start...I spoke with a  couple of breeders,
and they assured me that I've behaved badly, not unlike a  paranoid 1st time
parent. Thought you'd get a laugh from that. Perhaps I don't  need to tell
you that I care so very much about my family and about making a  good
decision. What must seem like over-bearing and demanding behavior came  from a
place of love and commitment to doing the right thing. Anyway, I was
encouraged
to reach back out to you and see if we can salvage the  relationship. I'm
agreeable to purchasing the male puppy and will gladly pay  you what he's
worth, which assuming good health and OFA, would be $xxxx. I'm a  fair person
and would insist on a price more representative of the puppy's  pedigree. I
would not seek to accompany you to the first veterinary visit.

I'm sure you can tell that my family will provide a great home  for your
dog. In preparation for having a puppy by early Summer, hopefully  yours in
the Spring, we've had the entirety of our property surveyed and are
installing additional fencing in order to include a wooded area on the back of
our
property for our dog to run and play with my son.  Also, we chose a  name for
your puppy, which at this point I realize may have to be saved for
another. Anyway, this email is written with hat-in-hand, if you will, in the
hopes
of reconciliation.

Please let me know if you're open to moving past this, and let's  do it. If
not, I understand. Please let me know and either way, thank you for  your
time.