[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fwd: White of the GSD

  • From: DBEMONT2000@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 13:57:08 EDT

In a message dated 4/17/2007 1:53:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time, DBEMONT2000
writes:

I know that Wilva Don had lots of litters where there was a white toe or
white spot on the chest. The toes generally turned tan as they grew into  adult
hood.  Some of them were related to Lance, though not  directly.  I think it
was several generations back, maybe through Hein v.  Richterbach and others of
that generation. I know that in the 50's & 60's  a white toe or white spot on
the chest was not considered anything to be  concerned about unless it was a
whole foot or very large white spot. It  was very prevalent in most lines. Even
many blacks and sables had  them. I'm sure that if one looked back, you would
find that many of the  Grand Victors, Grand Victixes and Selects, as well as
heavily used breeding  stock, had the one or the other.  I know we had none of
the"panda"  looking shepherds born.  If we had, they would have been spayed or
 neutered and sold without papers.  So, the white toes or white spot goes
back many, many generations and certainly cannot be blamed on one dog.   Donna
Bemont