[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Fwd: Torrance Co., New Mexico

  • From: Royal T Shepherds <gina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Stormy435@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 18:14:19 -0800 (PST)

Is there an ability for a conditional use permit?  The county I live in allows
2 dogs no matter how many acres you own.  You must have a conditional use
permit approved by the town board in order to be allowed any more...   I had to
give a presentation to our board and all neighbors within a mile radius were
notified by registered mail of my intentions and were allowed to express their
concerns during the meeting.  It was a pain in the butt, let me tell you!!  Not
to mention you have to have a minimum of 5 acres to be eligible for ANY
conditional use permit if in a residential or agricultural zoned area.  I think
this sort of thing is much more common than most people realize.

Gina
 ROYAL T SHEPHERDS
http://www.royaltshepherds.com
Home of: Ch Covy Tucker Hill v Royal T's Edsel,CD,NA,CGC,HIC,OFA h/e/t/c
Covy Tucker Hill's Marc Royal T,CD,CGC
Royal T's Wildwood Maggie May,TT
Stonekroft's Renaissance Royal T