[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fwd: The only answer I have

  • From: CDRHVN@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 21:56:39 -0500 (EST)

____________________________________

Evan,
     From what I understand you have judged the white  German shepherds. My
question is how do they compare conformation wise to our  conformation
(colored) dogs? If they are not so correct why is everyone  so concerned.?
Also
if they got to be as good as our colored dogs and  were able to compete on
an equal level what would be the problem? Just  wondering     Brenda Piele

In a message dated 11/13/2013 8:24:09 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
ELG440@xxxxxxx writes:

In  a message dated 11/12/13 9:05:21 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I asked  a question in the  beginning and am asking again.
How and why did the whole  white  question and the breed standard change
get
put on the front   burner?

From what I can tell, there are people  that are interested in it. Then the

board decided that it was an  issue for the general membership.  A number
of
board members felt  that the Whites should not be disqualified, and enough
of the   board agreed.  I don't think it is on the "front burner".  The
board
is more interested in the finances, the future of our breed, the  growth of
the  club, and other issues. This is but one that seems  to have raised
some
strong  opinions.

This is only what I  understand.

It was asked of the AKC if they would approve removing  the DQ from the
standard if the majority of our club members  wanted it done? The AKC said
they
had no objection to following  the membership's vote.  I think to change
the
standard it has to be  2/3 of the people voting.

It is my understanding that now it will be  put to the membership.

It is clear some members hate the idea, and  some are for it.  From
reading
the List, it does seem to be a  passionate issue for those who want to
keep
the White Shepherd  disqualified from conformation.  The other side,  while
not so  passionate, seems to have a position.

If there is a vote to the  membership, I guess we will know what is the
general opinion.

This List only indicates what those who post have to  say.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
gsyrfund.com
Asgard German   Shepherds
_http://www.asgardgsd.com_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Where Type  Movement and Temperament come  together

POST  is Copyrighted 2012.  All material remains the property of the
any  kind are permitted without prior permission of the original author AND of

Each Author is  responsible for the content of his/her post.  This group
and its  administrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions
expressed in  any post.

ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION  OR USE IN ANY
MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE  EXPRESS
PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS  EXPRESSLY
FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS  PROHIBITION WILL BE
PROSECUTED.

For assistance, please contact the  List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

VISIT OUR WEBSITE -  http://showgsd.org