[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fwd: The Dust Settled on the 2011 Legislature: The Successes

  • From: Scharo777@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 09:08:42 -0400 (EDT)

____________________________________
 From: TexasDogCommission@xxxxxxxxx
To: scharo777@xxxxxxx
Sent: 7/12/2011  2:21:37 A.M. Central Daylight Time
Subj: The Dust Settled on the 2011  Legislature: The Successes

(http://go.madmimi.com/redirects/e8c9465fd4ca25b1f7337d6120f101b7?paC77571591)

The  Legislature does not meet again until 2013 but we must  remain
vigilant in making sure local laws are fair to all  dogs and their owners.
Woof!
Zandra, Zeus & Zena

A Message from  Zandra, Anderson, Texas Dog Lawyer and Founder of Texas Dog
 Commission
The Dust  Settled on the 2011 Legislature: The Successes
The  Texas Dog Commission was established in 2006 and while  active in the
legislature and in local lawmaking, this is  the first year that we hired
our own lobbyists in Austin.  This was a year in which the drums were beating
loudly for  breed specific legislation and it was important to have a  voice
that was logical and free from polarizing attacks.
Fortunately,  breed specific legislation is an issue that unites dogs
owners unlike other issues that divide dog folks. It was  imperative that the
voice against breed specific legislation  and any laws that were breed
specific as applied be  untainted by incendiary rhetoric and other divisive
issues.
 The good news is that this formula worked.
Read  the full account of the efforts by the Texas Dog Commission  in
helping prevent breed specific legislation, killing HB  998 (targeted all
intact
male dogs 20 pounds or more for  doggy insurance and other harsh
restrictions and getting  changes to HB 963 that include a right to trial by
jury on
appeal in cruelty seizures (these laws often target owners  of certain breeds
to take their dogs unfairly).
_2011 Texas Legislature: Successes_
(http://go.madmimi.com/redirects/0f534074b0844b984a40862d84455e94?paC77571591)
Thank  you for all the barks and howls of your voices in making  sure all
dogs are treated equally under the law.
Z³  = Zandra, Zeus & Zena
DONATE  at _www.TexasDogCommission.com_
(http://go.madmimi.com/redirects/c5d05c4d55caf25804251c2271d6bdb7?paC77571591)
(by PayPal or  any major
credit card). Please, donate whatever you can to  this cause so that our voices
can continued to be heard all  over Texas.
SIGN  UP: If you are not on the mailing list for Texas  Dog Commission, you
can sign up to receive emails about  legislation affecting our dogs and our
rights to own them.  Go to www.TexasDogCommission.com and look on the left
lower  side of the homepage to Receive Email Alerts. You will  receive email
alerts about proposed laws that affect dogs  and your email address will be
not shared or sold  ever.

©2011 Texas Dog Lawyer | Texas Dog Commission c/o  Zandra Anderson: 7941
Katy Freeway, No. 412. Houston, TX  77024-1924

This email was sent to scharo777@xxxxxxxx  To ensure that you continue
receiving our emails, please add us to your address book or safe  list. View
this email on the web _here_ (http://mim.io/205a41?fe=1&pactC77571591) .
You can also _forward to  a friend_
(http://go.madmimi.com/forward/4377571591?amxX1905358) . _Subscribe_
(http://go.madmimi.com/subscribe?fe=1&pactC77571591&amxX1905358) .