[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fwd: Re: Re: finding handlers

  • From: GSDShowMan@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 09:14:24 EDT

Hi
Although I show 99.9% at allbreeds I have not had trouble obtaining a
handler. To the contrary I have handlers ask me if they can show my dogs. And I

do appreciate the offers but we have three handlers that do excellent for
us.  Mrs. Linda William's, Mrs. Vicki Havicon & Ms. M'Kayla Stahr. All three
work  very hard to win for us as well I know my dogs are safe with them.
That's very  important to me.

                                        Gerald

_www.Geransgermanshepherd.com_ (http://www.geransgermanshepherd.com/)
_www.mkaylastahr.com_ (http://www.mkaylastahr.com/)
Home of
CH  Geran's Always on My Mind ROM
Dam of 9 American Champions

In a message dated 7/10/2010 8:02:02 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
skozub@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 08:00:20 -0500
>To:  denwil2007@xxxxxxxxx
>From: Sandra Kozub  <skozub@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: finding  handlers
>
>At 09:08 PM 7/9/2010 -0700, you wrote:
>>You  know, glad you mentioned that.  Even if I could pay for a handler
for
>>the
>>life of the show career of the dog, handlers are in  short supply, and
all
>>of the
>>well known folks take  priority. It is a hard thing. As a thought, and I
>>am  doing
>>this with a friend, newbies get together and help each other  handle.
You
>>take
>>my dog in, I'll take  yours.
>>

>>Denise W.
>>The Good Ole  Boys~Chopper and  Chase
>>http://www.showgermanshepherds.info
>>for show and  performance
>>(join my site ring-follow the link)
>
>I  guess that things have changed a lot over the years but I cannot
>remember ever having a problem finding very good handlers
>for  my conformation dogs.   I have had German Shepherds all my life  &
>started showing in the obedience ring.   The  conformation
>dogs drew my interest.   After several years  doing research, watching the
>conformation rings and deciding what  "type" I found
>most appealing, I bought my first show line  bitch.   I managed to put a
>few points on her more or less  to prove (to myself?) that
>she was a good conformation speciman.   Then, after much research, I bred
>her to a very nice male who seemed  to produce
>what I wanted.   From this litter, I chose to show  one male & one
>female.   I took them in the ring myself  (I am not a good handler)
>as puppies & did well.
>
>It  only took a couple of shows to get some very good handlers.   One of
>the best handlers in the country finished both of these
>dogs  (and many more in the future).   My point is that (at least when I
>was showing) if your dog  is good enough, the handlers  will
>come to you.   They want to show the best, they want to  win & the better
>the dog, the more they win.
>
>Over  the years, I have had a few extremely good handlers that I respect,
>and really appreciate all that they did for me & my  dogs.
>There has been some very good advise the last few days,  especially, you
>should do your research & show the very good  ones.
>
>good luck to all of the  newbys!!!
>Sandy

Sandra Kozub
KcK  Kennels
http://iweb.tntech.edu/rkozub/kennel.htm

POST  is Copyrighted 2010.  All material remains the property of the

For assistance,  please contact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org