[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fwd: My last words about white shepherds (I promise!)

  • From: barbara17236@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 07:46:00 -0500

Interesting because the AKC does register whites from other countries who are
already registered as something other than a GSD.  So, their need to be able to
import white stock, and have AKC papers on them, is already a reality.

It is the other countries who are no longer accepting the AKC GSD as a White
Shepherd.  I believe some migh as long as the dog comes from a certain number
of just white generations.  I don't export any of my puppies or dogs, so I am
not an expert on this area.

Even the AKC can understand that just because you take an AKC purebred breed,
and call it something us in anothe country, it is still the SAME breed in the
end, unless it was crossed with another breed, or a mutt.  They are not
introducing any new breed, or mutt.

Barb H