[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fwd: I may apply for new breeds

  • From: Skeloosh@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 18:34:24 EST

Hope this darn thing works, as I'm mainly a lurker.

I love the idea of classes for Altered dogs, and for amateur  handlers.  I
would love to be able to show my dogs in classes such as  this.  Why can't the
GSDCA or AKC have classes like this?

It isn't fair for amateurs to compete against pro handlers, and showing
altered dogs can and will let everyone see what the breeder can produce. I know

some cat shows are like this and I think it's great.

Sharon/Skeloosh

Greenwood's Typhoon
Rook von Shiloh
Ateela the Hunny

In a message dated 1/18/05 5:22:52 PM Pacific Standard Time, ELG440@xxxxxxx
writes:

I am  proud to announce that I was asked and will be judging the White
German
Shepherd  Dog Club of America 2005 National Specialty in   Minnesota on June
5, 2005. They hold the show on one day, starting at  11:00, and  this is what
will be judging.

Starts with  the Petite puppy classes 2-4 and 2-6. Best Petite Puppy and
Best
Opposite Sex Puppy.  Then Regular classes.  Altered  Regular  classes two
amateur  and expert, Best altered and Best  Opposite Sex  Altered. Altered
Champion.  Stock Dogs; Best and  Best opposite, Stock Dog  Regular, Amateur
and Expert,
Stock Dog  Champion; Junior handling Pee Wee 4-10  Junior 10-14, Senior
14-18,
divided into Novice and Open and Best Junior  Handler; Best Puppy  6-9, 9-12,
12-18 Best Puppy and Best Opposite Sex Puppy,  Stud Dog  with two offspring,
Best Stud Dog, Brood Bitch Class with Two  puppies,  Brace.Then I do the
Futurity
Junior, Teenage, Intermediate,  and Senior with four  placements in each sex,
the Maturity Junior,  and Senior. With four placements in  each class for
each
sex.   Then Best in each sex for male and female and  Best Male and Best
Female
in Maturity and then Best in Maturity and Best  Opposite Sex in  Maturity.

We may have the wrong idea with trying to increase the  entries.  For  those
who want to cut down the days of our  National, maybe we need to discourage
entries and do it all in one  day.  That is what I will be doing on June 5,
2005.

I now  have to learn their standard, it is much like ours, without the color

disqualification. Washed out colors are still discouraged and a  pink  or
blue
eye is disqualified.  As for color they say, "The White  German  Shepherd Dog
is a herding dog. Therefore, structure and  movement should be  considered of
more importance than color and  pigment alone, Colors: White or  white with
biscuit."  Makes  sense to me.

Not that there is anything wrong with  that.

Evan
_Asgard German Shepherds_  (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where  Type Movement and Temperament  come  together